We care about technology-enhanced human systems. So we thought we would share regular thoughts and opinions about why we think they matter so much.
Just sharing the joy that is Jared's Quizmastery :)
That Was The Week That Was
1. This week the damning report on the government’s “wilful negligence” on Russian influence in the country was released by the Intelligence and Security committee. How much money were the Conservative party paid by the wife of an ex-Russian finance in exchange for a tennis game with current prime minister Boris Johnson? (To the nearest 10,000 without going over)
2. How did Dame Vivienne Westwood protest against the potential extradition of Julian Assange to the United States?
3. Who’s pet dog named “Mighty” passed away this week after going missing sparking an Instagram search for the missing pup?
4. What did NASA have to make an announcement about not discovering, despite internet rumours last weekend that they had?
5. What did Amazon founder Jeff Bezos, Tesla’s CEO Elon Musk, rapper Kayne West, Barack Obama and Joe Biden all post on Twitter on the 16th July?
TWTWTW - answers :
2. She dressed in yellow and suspended herself 10ft in the air inside a giant bird cage
3. Orlando Bloom
4. A new star sign
5. A BitCoin wallet address after being hacked as part of a scam
Winner's Choice Round from Alex Hens: it's FROMAGE OR BEVERAGE?!
Each of the following is either a cheese (fromage) or a drink (beverage) but which is which?
4. Imperial Blue
5. Humboldt Fog
9. Lincolnshire Poacher
10. Smoking Bishop
FROMAGE OR BEVERAGE?! - answers :
1. Which cult film is also known by it’s alternative titled “How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb?”
2. Which year did England win the Rugby World Cup?
3. How many Apollo missions have landed on the moon?
4. In Greek mythology what lived in the centre of the maze built by Daedalus?
5. What can you hold in your right hand but never in your left hand?
Pot Luck - answers :
1. Dr. Strangelove
4. The minotaur
5. Your left hand/left elbow