A local business plug - Growing Together, Colchester
If you live in the North Essex area and are into
- supporting local business
- plant/gardening/outdoor type things
- beautiful rustic home decorations and inspiration (so my wife tells me - I do know it looks very nice though)
- fresh seasonal home grown produce (augmented with your usual imported fruit & veg)
- fresh delicatessen type fare (cheese, olives, fresh bread, cakes etc etc)
- locally sourced fresh meat & frozen fish
then can I make a strong recommendation - make an effort and check out Growing Together.
I did wonder about whether using this "professional" blog to raise this was appropriate, but what the hell - this place and the people are fantastic and well worth whatever modest plug I can give them. They have just opened (actually re-opened - having decided they could do a better job than people they'd leased the shop area to originally) the most incredible Farm Shop to complement their great Plant Nursery.
Lovelier people you couldn't hope to meet either - so if you're in the North Essex / South of Colchester area then do look them up and I assure you that you won't be disappointed (unless you turn up on a Monday when they're closed that is).
Layer Marney Nurseries
Colchester CO5 9XW
Tel: 01206 330695
You'll find a map here